What kind of pull-ups exist. What are they designed for. The correct exercise technique and set of exercises.
Recently, experienced athletes are increasingly including pull-ups on the horizontal bar in the training program. No wonder. It remains to be seen whether it is necessary to buy Spironolactone in Australia. Exercise has many options, opens the way for the study of various muscle groups, and the technique is quite easy to perform.
To know how to properly pull up on the horizontal bar, it is important to understand the diversity of this exercise. The classification is as follows:
- By type of grip (position of the hands when grabbing). Here it is worth highlighting a direct grip (normal, upper), reverse (for biceps) and parallel (palms are looking at each other).
- By the distance between the brushes (grip width) – narrow, medium and wide. In the first case, the emphasis is on the study of the muscles of the hands, in the second – on the muscles of the back and arms, and in the third the greatest load gets the widest. The training program should include all options, which allows you to adjust the level of load of muscle fibers. So, in the case of a wide setting of hands, the amplitude will be reduced, and the body itself goes a smaller way from the bottom to the chin. As a result, the load level is also reduced.
- At the place of touching the crossbar . Here, the technique can be of two types – classical, when the chest and the horizontal bar are in contact at the upper point, and behind the head (the crossbar touches the top of the trapezoid). In the first case, the back muscles receive the same load, and in the second, the upper torso is worked out more.
- According to the lifting technique . Three options stand out here – calm, with swinging and with incomplete extension of the arms. In the first case, the lowering-lifting cycle is performed smoothly, in the second – the body rises up by a kind of “ejection” of the body.
- According to the final result . The technique of working out the muscles on the crossbar is constructed in such a way as to achieve the following results – weight gain or an increase in the number of pull-ups.
What are the options?
It is also worth noting that pull-ups have the following types:
- The classic way . This option is most popular. It includes every second or third training program. The technique is as follows. The brushes are located at a level slightly wider than the shoulders, the movement is due to the strength of the arms and back muscles. As soon as the chin goes beyond the level of the bar, repetition counts.
- Neutral (parallel). This type of performance is particularly minimal load on the joints. Advantages – study of the upper back. The neutral method is recommended in cases where you need to remove the load from the shoulder joints and protect them from injury.
- Reverse – a type of muscle development on the bar, implying reverse grip and effective development of the biceps of the shoulder muscle. If you want to add a load on the biceps, the training program should include just such an embodiment.
- Mixed . Here, one hand rests on the horizontal bar with a usual grip, the second – with the reverse. With this design, the grip quality of the crossbar is improved, which guarantees a greater number of repetitions. In addition, an additional load is permitted. The mixed version is good when the main task is to increase strength.
- Breast pull – ups are an advanced type of performance that is available only to professionals. The difficulty is that to create a large amplitude of the movement of the torso requires excellent physical fitness. The bottom line is to maximize the hull – to the middle of the sternum. The advantage of the exercise is the creation of the greatest amplitude of movement and high-quality study of the latissimus dorsi.
- Transverse option . The peculiarity of the exercise is the movement of the body across and along. Initially, you hang perpendicular to the horizontal bar, holding onto it on both sides with your hands at a small distance between them. In the process of lifting the body rotates in one direction and the other at a right angle. In this case, the chest should reach the level of the crossbar. The abs and gluteal muscles are in the greatest tension.
- To one of the hands . This exercise prepares the athlete for future pull-ups on one of the hands. The point is that in the process of lifting the chin does not stretch to the area between the two hands, but in turn to each of the hands (left and right). In this case, each arm receives the maximum load after one repetition. The number of repetitions is allowed to be adjusted taking into account physical fitness.
- With cotton – a type of performance that opens the way for the development of explosive strength and “grasping” abilities. Exercise is performed with mandatory cotton at the top.
- With a rope . Here, a rope or rope is thrown through the handles of the bar. The point is to reduce the area of contact between the hands and complicate the pull-up process. In fact, the athlete’s fulcrum changes, and a greater number of muscle groups are connected to the work, allowing to stabilize the body in space.
- With alternating grip . The technique is that during the exercise, the position of the hands changes all the time. The calculation is made to work out as many muscles as possible.